Resource, Project and Pipeline: Analysis, Planning and Forecasting for Professional Services firms
Capacity utilization, Pricing and Overhead: with BOARD you can balance and leverage your key profit drivers to achieve the highest realization for any project and team.
Advisory, audit, tax and legal or IT consulting: the ability to provide a profitable professional service mainly consists of avoiding overcapacity, underpricing and excessing overhead, while ensuring the maximum net revenue in any business situation.
Relying on BOARD, you efficiently combine project planning and business analytics with skills and resources capacity and allocation, by developing and managing reporting, analysis, budgeting and forecasting processes on the most trusted Decision-Making platform for Professional Services firms (PSFs). Through the BOARD platform, you can monitor and control all the steps in Project Budgeting along the top-down workflow. Furthermore, a reasonable prioritization of task assignment can be put into place, taking also advantage of simulation capabilities to rapidly evaluate multiple scenarios of any project.
Seamlessly integrating financial planning and resources optimization solutions, BOARD offers the opportunity to build cost-focused pyramid staff model and create more comprehensive actionable insights that fine-tune organizational decisions about HR planning and HR supply & demand forecasting. This is fundamental in a industry such PSFs where billing rates, projects, available skills and teams interact to determine how the corporate goals can be met.
With BOARD you will be able to:
- Balance resource supply with demand by easily evaluating team size and project assignments;
- Minimize the exposure to surpluses or shortages in labor, as well as any resource bottleneck, through simulation and predictive analytics capabilities;
- Better prioritize resources by identifying the resource capacity available at the job role and Full-Time-Equivalent (FTE) level of detail;
- Ensure the sustainability and realization of any project by combining HR planning and headcount planning with financial planning.
- Accurately and rapidly match skills to project requirements through task assignment evaluation;
- Leverage your in-house staff by tailoring your team model according to the tipology of project;
- Rapidly evaluate multiple scenarios of any new project through simulation;
- Efficiently evaluate progress and status of any project by making gross margin transparent during estimation, resourcing and project delivery.
- Provide team leaders with visibility into resource requirements and improve your decisions through hiring plan based on real-time business inputs and time-to-hire metrics;
- Deploy resources in the most profitable way and enhance your staff through special/CoE (Center of Excellence) skills training and certification plans;
- Attract and retain professional services talent through Salary and Compensation Models;
- Maximize your Pyramid Staffing Model by identifying the best ratio of senior, middle, junior resources.
- Ensure Granular Financial Budget setting: rate cards, travel costs and exchange rates;
- Compare both actuals and outstanding commitments to your original and current budgets through detailed cost analysis;
- Improve Revenue Budgeting process, as well as Pipeline and Forecast evolution, through Confirmed Billable Plan, Pipeline Revenue Plan, Revenue Target setting, Full-Time-Equivalent (FTE) Review & Overlay;
- Improve HR cost budgeting through Non-Billable Resource Planning, Salary & Compensation Planning, Promotion & Pyramid Planning.