Integrated Business Planning for Mining: Data, Analytics & Digital Planning Trends in Mining Companies
Webinar in partnership with MiningGlobal.com
The importance of digital technologies to transform the mining industry is increasingly recognized as organizations explore solutions to improve operational performance and risk management. Mining companies are increasing their investment in automation and technological innovation, embracing new opportunities to improve productivity. Integrated Business Planning strategies bring this investment together in a unified view, providing companies the tools to revolutionize how they operate.
Forward looking Mining operators have invested in significantly improving their Business Planning and Analysis functions across their diversified operations. An Integrated Business Planning Platform integrates planning across multiple time horizons, setting targets driven by strategy at an activity level, bridging mining operations and finance together.
The goal for any mining organization is to rebalance the effort within the system to spend less time on data collection and have more time available for sensitivity analysis, scenario planning and improved resource allocation and prioritization. The reporting and analysis typically done in siloed software and solutions, limits the integration, standardization, user access and governance.
Join KPMG, Dundee Precious Metals, and Board International to discover how mining companies are using digital technologies and specifically how one Canadian mining innovator is taking a holistic approach to transforming their Business Planning and Analysis to allow more reliable forecasting processes, unifying data from multiple sources and visualizing this information with interactive reports and dashboards to optimize planning, performance monitoring and decision making.
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- How digital technologies are being used by mining companies today
- How to increase collaboration between Finance, Operations, and IT Operations to achieve great results
- How Finance, Operations, and IT Operations achieve visibility of performance through data collection and processing
- How improved operating processes and procedures lead to better planning, performance monitoring and decision making
- KPMG Canada and Board International: Opening Remarks
- KPMG Canada: Digitization in Mining
- Board International: An Integrated Platform
- Dundee Precious Metals Inc.: The Financial Transformation Journey
- Wrap-up and Questions & Answers
- Hume Kyle, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer - Dundee Precious Metals Inc.
- Heather Cheeseman, CPA, CA, Partner, Toronto Mining Leader - KPMG in Canada
- Erik Woods, National Lead Partner – EPM Management Consulting, Advisory Services - KPMG in Canada
- Anna Ivanova, Director, Business Systems - Dundee Precious Metals Inc.
- Taj Mian, Managing Director, Canada - Board International