IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Performance Management Analytic applications
2018 Vendor Assessment
The Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) applications market consists of cross-industry applications whose main purpose is to measure, analyze, and optimize financial performance management, planning, forecasting, and certain risk management processes using prepackaged applications.
This IDC study represents a vendor assessment of enterprise performance management software vendors as of 2018 through the IDC MarketScape methodology at a worldwide level. This assessment discusses both quantitative and qualitative characteristics of EPM applications in the market, as it specifically relates to the planning, budgeting, and forecasting tasks that are typically conducted in support of the finance function.
The assessment is based on two main dimensions – the capabilities and strategies of the vendor – and each included vendor is ranked in four categories: Leaders, Major Players, Contenders, and Participants.
Key findings include:
- One of the key trends in the EPM market is the growing supply and rapid adoption of cloud offerings.
- Most vendors have innovative features such as natural language processing in their road map.
- Ease of use by the finance line of business was important requirement cited by users.
The criteria for the inclusion of qualifying vendors were:
- Vendors must have a cloud offering.
- Vendors must have capabilities to perform financial close and consolidation (not a point solution vendor).
- Vendors must have a horizontal offering (in addition to any vertical solutions).
- Vendors must have a sizable North American presence.
Download the full report by completing the form and discover why Board is a Major Player in the EPM space.