Grupo Damm - Case Study
Defining the Control Management Processes at Damm
Damm is a brewery located in Barcelona, producing, distributing and selling beer, juices and water.
With a 70% market share and a yearly tournover of 700 million, Damm is the leader in the Northern-east of Spain.
After going through a large SAP implementation, Damm started to rethink their IT strategy.
In order to set-up a correct strategy in terms of Control Management with a clear business goal, Damm has contracted Vincle / MI Consulting to define and design the Control Management Processes and to re-organize the information flow, solving the following issues:
- Definition of the BPM with a TOP-DOWN approach
- Definition of the main corporate reporting for the steering committee
- Definition of the budgeting processes by business and by channel, from the business plan defined by the General Manager to the detailed budgeting process
- Validation of the software selection in order to implement the conceptual business model
The most important goal of the project was the definition of the control management processes, with three different work-streams:
- Strategic Map definition
- KPIs and reporting to control and manage the business
- Budgeting and plan definition
The unique Toolkit approach adopted by BOARD means that BOARD is a unified platform where BI and CPM features are available together to deliver customized solutions. In BOARD scorecards, strategy maps, initiative management are easily and quickly built with standard core features and not, as in other products, with layered add-ons.
The figure below, for example, illustrates the breadth of the CPM implementation made with BOARD at Damm:
The power of BOARDs dual engine (ROLAP and MOLAP) allows building very complex models, with large volumes of data. BOARDs multi-cube structure means that we can easily link in a model heterogeneous data sources and define sophisticated processing logics.
- Support for all activity-based costing methodologies, including bottom-up, consumption-driven ABC
- Unlimited scenarios, activities, cost drivers and cost objects to build even the most complex models
- Make or Buy models
- Cost allocation at any level, multi-allocation rules
- Impact analysis (e.g. impact of a raw material cost variance on Customers profitability)
- EVA, ROI and Free Cash-flow analysis
and much more become achievable with BOARD Toolkit standard features.