HanseMerkur – Case Study
Board delivers fast improvements in Planning and Forecasting activities
The HanseMerkur Insurance Group is a traditional nationwide insurer with more than 1,951 employees and full-time agents based in Hamburg, Germany. With premium income of €1,580.7 million and investments of €5,307.7 million Euros (2014), HanseMerkur has a high level of financial solidity, which their customers and employees benefit from and further facilitates the goal of permanent independence for the HanseMerkur Group.
The Business Need
The introduction of the new controlling solution is intended to increase the quality and efficiency of the planning, forecasting and reporting processes at HanseMerkur. Before introducing the new solution, a variety of Excel sheets were created and assembled manually for Controlling. In order to ensure user acceptance and improve the quality of the reports, the platform was required to be simple and free of programming. Flexibility and user safety were also key selection criteria whilst ensuring the administration and further development of the solution could be carried out by the specialist in-house department.
- Improvement in the efficiency of the planning, reporting and forecasting process
- Programming-free and simple operation
- Further development by the specialist department
“Launching the new controlling solution greatly improved the quality of work in the corporate planning division.”.
Stefan GerlachHead of Corporate Planning
- The preparation of the planning and forecasting data was accelerated from two weeks to one
- The effort to create and combine approximately 120 different Excel lists of cost center managers in planning and forecast has been removed
- The effort to create customized cost center reports in FoxPro has been eliminated through automated and user-specific reporting in Board
- Users can easily create different scenarios for their area of responsibility and create their own reports and views
- The drill functionality and new graphic elements in Board allow for a more detailed evaluation, depth and breadth in the data analysis
- All financial data of recent years can be analyzed in time series and compared and contrasted