Data Modelling in Board
- 05 May 2020, 09:00 / 18:00
- Level: Basic
- Address: Microsoft Teams
- Language: English
Duration: 2 Days
This course is designed for Database Developers who are seeking to become self-sufficient in Board multi-dimensional Database design. The course is suited to Administrators and Business Users from multiple disciplines.
Delegates will learn the fundamental building blocks of Board database construction. The use and configuration of Entities, Relationships, Rules and Cubes are covered in depth, as well as the process of loading data into a Board database (Data Readers). These techniques will be put into practice on a sample data set to implement a simple sales analysis application drawing on multiple data sources. The course also covers database maintenance and trouble-shooting, as well as an Introduction to the Board security model.
- Introduction to Multidimensional Models
- The Board Data Model
- Hierarchies and Relationships
- Data Readers
- Custom Time Entity
- Managing Relationships
- Modifying & Maintaining the Application
- Sparsity and Versions
- ROLAP Cubes
- Drill-Through Protocol
- Non-Numerical Cube Types
- A laptop enabled to “remote desktop” via a guest network to Board training servers – each trainee is provided with their own connection for the course and all training software, materials and exercises are accessed from here.
- A mouse can be beneficial (but subject to trainee preference)
- An extra screen is recommended
Please note that once your training has concluded, we will continue to give you access to your environment for 2 more days so that you can apply what you've learned and play around.