Data Modelling in Board
- 21 January 2020, 09:00 / 18:00
- Level: Basic
- Address: Tower 42 - 25 Old Broad Street, London
- Language: English
Duration: 2 Days
This course is designed for Database Developers who are seeking to become self-sufficient in Board multi-dimensional Database design. The course is suited to Administrators and Business Users from multiple disciplines.
Delegates will learn the fundamental building blocks of Board database construction. The use and configuration of Entities, Relationships, Rules and Cubes are covered in depth, as well as the process of loading data into a Board database (Data Readers). These techniques will be put into practice on a sample data set to implement a simple sales analysis application drawing on multiple data sources. The course also covers database maintenance and trouble-shooting, as well as an Introduction to the Board security model.
- Entities – Relationships – Cubes
- Data Readers
- Capsule and Screens
- Custom Time
- Modifying the Model
- ROLAP Cubes
- Other Cube Types
- A laptop enabled to “remote desktop” via a guest network to Board training servers – each trainee is provided with their own connection for the course and all training software, materials and exercises are accessed from here.
- A mouse can be beneficial (but subject to trainee preference)
- A sandwich lunch is provided – please let us know any dietary requirements on arrival.