Business Development Executive
Location: Sydney, Australia
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and qualifying new sales opportunities for our Australia & New Zealand business. Reporting into the Regional Marketing Manager, the role involves working very closely with the local Marketing team and Regional Sales Managers to uncover potential opportunities. We are an established company with a start-up feel, and we are looking for dynamic new talent to join our team.
The role provides an ideal opportunity to join an organisation which is fast growing and with a product at the technological forefront of its market.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Conduct outbound telemarketing activities.
- Follow up inbound marketing leads.
- Mapping out accounts to identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Present and articulate BOARD’s solution and value proposition.
- Work hand in hand with sales to understand Industry focus and required information to help with qualifying appropriate prospects and uncovering business opportunities.
- Creation and development of campaigns.
- Maintain all sales activities in CRM system.
- Weekly reporting on lead follow up and conversion rates.
Key requirements of the role are:
- 2+ years of telemarketing and/or inside sales experience with a minimum of 1-year Business-to-Business lead generation.
- Proven success in developing a sales cycle, including outbound prospecting, lead generation, contact and relationship building.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- A highly motivated self-starter who works well within a strong team culture while independently managing his/her own work.
- Experience working with CRM systems, such as Salesforce.com.
- Bachelor level qualification is desirable.