Planning and Procedures in Board
- 22 September 2020, 09:00 / 18:00
- 23 September 2020, 09:00 / 18:00
- Level: Advanced
- Address: Microsoft Teams
- Language: English
This course is designed for Database Developers or advanced Power users who have already completed the Data Modelling and Analysis & Reporting Courses – or have equivalent experience. The course brings together many of the concepts covered in the previous courses and enables developers to build fully integrated and automated BI (Reporting) & CPM (Budgeting and Planning) solutions.
The Board Procedure environment allows Board application developers to configure a broad range of tasks or actions. Topics include: automating the loading or extracting of data to and from Board, running bespoke data calculations and transformations, configuring data entry work screens and workflow structures, printing and broadcasting and scenario creation.
Trainee Pre-Requisite: Previous attendance at both Data Modelling and Analysis & Reporting Courses is preferred, or equivalent Board experience.
- Procedure Overview
- Data Read / Extract
- From Reporting to Planning
- Initialise Budget
- Board Dataflows
- Apply Profile or Drivers
- Create New Planning Items
- Workflow design
- Rolling Forecast
- Scenario creation
- Investment / Depreciation modelling
- A laptop enabled to “remote desktop” via a guest network to Board training servers – each trainee is provided with their own connection for the course and all training software, materials and exercises are accessed from here.
- A mouse can be beneficial (but subject to trainee preference)
- A sandwich lunch is provided – please let us know any dietary requirements on arrival.